- Message them on Facebook or email them (usually about random life stuff, NOT blatantly asking for referrals)
- Arrange coffees or video chats to catch up
- Introduce them to someone that I think they could work with (with both parties’ permission)
- Share something interesting with them
- Refer work
- Send a thank you message if they’ve done something awesome lately
- Send gifts
Web Business Weekly #37
June 20, 2018--No Comments
Let’s talk about relationships.
Not the kind that involve cuddling and nudity.
The kind that grow your business.
If you’ve known me for more than a couple of days, you’ll know how much I go on about partnerships and relationships as the most important thing in business.
Consistent referrals make business easy, because warm leads are often the easiest to convert.
But how do you develop these kinds of relationships?
It’s a ton of work actually. But totally worth it.
Unless you’re a freak of nature that is always on top of it, you probably need a system to remind yourself to stay in touch with the right people.
For me, this happens on Wednesday.
I go through my list of people I need to stay in touch with, add or remove people to that list and do things like:
It’s hands down the best thing I do each week. Yeah it brings in new business, but it’s also fun. I get to talk to actual people, instead of my dog (she still doesn’t talk back)
Are you keeping in regular contact with people?
If you want to get better at it, here’s a post on getting referrals I wrote a while back that digs into my full process.
Otherwise… enjoy this weeks newsletter 🙂