There’s nothing I feel like ranting about this week, so here’s a quick time saving tip that I stumbled on in the last couple of weeks.
In Chrome, go to the URL bar and start typing the name of a Google Doc or Spreadsheet in your account. It will autocomplete and be shown in the list.
Check out the screenshot below.
I used to bookmark all my most-used spreadsheets and that’s totally unnecessary now
Actually, now that I think about it, there IS something I’d like to rant about and it’s in the same tune as time saving.
Going to the supermarket sucks. Somehow I ended up there yesterday.
You know the process.
- Deal with car park traffic
- Walk around and find all the things on your list
- Go down the same aisle 8 times trying to find 1 item
- Line up & check out
- Go to your car and hope no one ran a trolley into it
- Get frustrated that people can’t seem to work out the trolley return
- Deal with the traffic again
Loads of supermarkets deliver now. The one I use charges $4 to deliver. Easiest $4 decision and best productivity hack EVER.