Are you looking to gain better insights into your potential clients' digital marketing needs? If you're a digital marketing agency or an independent marketing consultant, this digital marketing survey is perfect for you.
By asking the right questions, you'll understand your clients' marketing goals, target audience, and preferred channels. Use this form to gather valuable information, tailor your services, and create winning strategies that will boost your clients' online presence and help them achieve their objectives.
Tired of chasing people to fill out your forms? Try Content Snare
Questions to include on your digital marketing survey
1. Company Information
Collect basic information about the business to understand their background and needs.
- What is the name of your business?
- What industry is your business in?
- How many years has your business been operating?
- What is the size of your business? (1-10, 11-50, 51-200, 200+)
2. Digital Marketing Experience
Gain insights into the company's digital marketing experience to tailor your recommendations.
- Have you ever hired a digital marketing agency or professional? (Yes, No)
- If yes, briefly describe your experience with the previous agency or professional.
- What digital marketing channels are you currently using? (Social Media, Email Marketing, Content Marketing, SEM, SEO, None)
3. Marketing Goals and Objectives
Understand what the business wants to achieve through digital marketing to better align your services.
- What are your main marketing goals? (Brand Awareness, Lead Generation, Customer Retention, Sales/Revenue, Other)
- What is your monthly budget for digital marketing?
4. Target Audience
Identify the business's target audience to create more effective and personalized marketing strategies.
- Who is your target audience? (Age, Gender, Location, Interests)
- Are there any specific demographics or industries you want to target?
- Who are your main competitors? (Name 3 businesses)
5. Digital Marketing Preferences
Learn about the company's preferred digital marketing channels and activities to make relevant suggestions.
- Which digital marketing channels are you most interested in? (Social Media, Email Marketing, Content Marketing, SEM, SEO)
- Are there any specific digital marketing activities you want to focus on? (e.g., influencer marketing, Facebook ads, Google AdWords)
The question on specific digital marketing activities helps you understand the company's expectations and allows you to tailor your services accordingly.
Other question ideas
What is your business's unique selling proposition (USP)?
- This question helps determine the key aspects that set the business apart from competitors, which can be highlighted in digital marketing campaigns.
How would you rate your current digital marketing efforts on a scale of 1-10?
- This question will help identify the business's satisfaction with their current marketing efforts and signal potential areas for improvement.
Have you invested in any marketing automation tools? If yes, which ones?
- This question provides insights into the company's familiarity with marketing technology and its willingness to adopt new solutions.
What are some challenges you have faced in your digital marketing efforts?
- This question helps understand the specific pain points and challenges that the business faces in their digital marketing efforts, allowing for tailored recommendations.
If you could improve one aspect of your digital marketing, what would it be?
- This question helps identify the company's priorities and areas where they are keen to see improvement, which can guide your recommendations.
Which of your competitors do you think has the most effective digital marketing?
- This question will help identify the business's key competitors and their perception of successful digital marketing campaigns, allowing you to analyze and learn from those strategies.
How do you currently measure the success of your digital marketing campaigns? (e.g., ROI, engagement, traffic, conversions)
- This question helps understand the company's preferred key performance indicators (KPIs) and how they evaluate the effectiveness of their marketing efforts.
Things to consider
- Use Logical Flow - Organize your questions in a logical order that makes sense to the person filling out the form. This will make the form easier to complete and improve the user experience.
- Avoid Overwhelming Users - Keep your form as short as possible by only asking relevant questions. Too many questions can lead to form abandonment, resulting in less valuable information.
- Use Conditional Logic - Implement conditional logic features to show or hide certain questions based on previous answers. This will make the form more concise and personalized, preventing irrelevant questions from appearing.
- Include Placeholder Text - Add clear placeholder text in input fields to guide users and provide examples of the information you're looking for. This will help make the form more user-friendly and reduce confusion.
- Opt for Mobile Responsiveness - Ensure your form is responsive and easily accessible on all devices, including smartphones and tablets. This will ensure a positive user experience for all respondents.
- Apply Input Validation - Use input validation to ensure users provide the required information in the correct format. This will help prevent errors and ensure the accuracy of the collected data.
- Include a Progress Bar - Add a progress bar to show users how far they are in the form and how many questions are left. This can improve completion rates by giving users a sense of progress and encouraging them to finish the survey.
How to create your digital marketing survey
Now that you know what questions you should include, it's time to build your form!
The only problem is that traditional forms tools are inefficient.
People will forget to fill out your form. They'll get stuck halfway and not be able to finish it. Or they'll send you the wrong stuff. You end up wasting hours chasing people down over email.
That's why you should give Content Snare a try.
Content Snare is packed with advanced features that will have you hours:
- Automatic reminders - Remind people to complete their form with fully customizable reminders.
- Reject incorrect information - If a single question is filled out incorrectly, ask your client to re-do just that one item.
- Autosaving - No progress gets lost. People can fill out forms in multiple sittings.
- Comments and questions - If the person filling the form gets stuck, they can ask a question without having to email you.
Give it a go by signing up for your free 14-day trial.