[last updated May 2018]
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Aktura Technology Pty Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 84 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
What information do we collect about you?
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, last name.
- Contact Data may include your business name, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, industry, position, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey. We aim to collect only the minimum amount of information we need to effectively deliver services to you, or to meet a legal obligation.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously, although cookies may be collected. You will not be able to access our services anonymously.
We do not collect financial information such as bank card details. Online payments for our services are processed remotely through trusted third-party payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal. You should check their policies for how they handle your information.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
How we collect your personal data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites that use our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn based outside the EU;
- search information providers such as Google based outside] the EU;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Stripe and ChargeBee based outside the EU.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
What do we use your information for?
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from us, simply unsubscribe from our direct marketing communications either via the mode of receipt. All users of our site may make any changes to their preferences at anytime by logging into their control panel at http://account.akturatech.com.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails and withdraw marketing consent, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at email@example.com.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Where we transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where we use certain service providers who are established outside of the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We monitor the measures our third-party providers put in place to protect your information and aim to use only respected providers. Our website data is currently hosted by Cloudways, Vultr and Heroku and the systems we use that store your personal information are provided by ChargeBee, Stripe, PayPal, Active Campaign, Intercom, which have data centres in different locations around the world. We elect to have our data stored in Australia whenever that choice is available.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You can disable cookies for this website, but please be aware that some functionality might be reduced if cookies are disabled. If you clear your browser history, your election when first visiting our site may be cleared and you may be presented with the option to disable cookies again.
We, and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website. This also includes information to serve ads based on demographics and interests.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
- Google Analytics features including Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
Using your Ads Settings, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize what Google Display Network ads you view. Click here to view Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Those parties are not necessarily located in Australia. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. Only non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website or provide links to our social media pages. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Collecting sensitive information
We do not actively collect sensitive information about you, including information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. We will take steps to appropriately protect any sensitive information we do receive.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
The California Online Privacy Protection Act aims to encourage businesses not to distribute personal information to others outside that business. Our business is not covered by that legislation, but because we value your privacy, we will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
All users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel at http://account.akturatech.com.
Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
For European Union citizens and residents
We aim to comply with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to protect the privacy of our EU based clients. This compliance applies only to our clients who are EU citizens or resident in the EU. As a small company with services that are accessible in the EU but not specifically directed at EU citizens, certain exemptions apply.
As an EU citizen or resident, you have the right to be forgotten. This means that, wherever possible, we will de-identify or securely destroy any personal data we have collected about you, at your request.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
By using the Service, you agree that we can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data we have collected from you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual. We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
Assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Service.
Provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service.
Provide useful business insights from the aggregated data.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request copies of the information we hold about you, which will only be provided electronically. You have the ability to make a request to amend or correct that information. If we do not agree with your requested change, we will keep a copy of your request with our information.
If you are not happy with how we manage your concerns, you can contact the Australian Privacy Commission, available at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
Content Snare is part of Aktura Technology, a web app and SaaS development company. Web designers work with us to expand their capabilities. If clients ever approach you to build something that you can’t quite handle in-house, drop us a line.