Are you looking to streamline your employee scheduling process? The employee availability form is perfect for businesses that operate on shifts or flexible work hours, such as retail stores, restaurants, and call centers.
This comprehensive form gathers information on employees' work preferences and availability, making it easier for HR and recruiters to create effective schedules that accommodate everyone's needs. Give it a try and experience a smoother scheduling process!
Tired of chasing people to fill out your forms? Try Content Snare
Questions to include on your employee availability form
1. Employee Information
This section collects basic personal information about the employee for identification purposes.
- Full Name
- Employee ID
- Position/Job Title
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone Number
2. Availability Preferences
Here, employees can indicate their preferred working hours, days, and any specific time-related accommodations they require.
- Preferred Working Hours (Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night)
- Preferred Working Days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Preferred Working Model (On-site, Remote, Hybrid)
- Any specific time accommodations needed? If yes, please specify.
The preferred working days question uses checkboxes to allow employees to select multiple days, making it easier for HR and recruiters to understand their ideal schedule.
3. Time-off Requests
This section enables employees to request time off for vacation, personal events, or any other reasons.
- Reason for Time Off Request (Vacation, Personal, Sick, Other)
- Start Date of Time Off
- End Date of Time Off
- Additional Comments/Details
Having a specific section for time-off requests streamlines the process for both the employee and HR, ensuring all necessary information is captured.
4. Emergency Contact Information
In case of emergency situations, it's important to have the employee's emergency contact information readily available.
- Emergency Contact Name
- Relationship to Employee
- Emergency Contact Phone Number
- Alternate Emergency Contact Phone Number
5. Shift Bidding Availability
For organizations that use a shift bidding system, this section allows employees to indicate their availability to take on additional shifts or swap shifts.
- Are you available for additional shifts? (Yes, No)
- If yes, please specify the days and hours you are available for additional shifts.
- Are you open to swapping shifts with other employees? (Yes, No)
The availability for additional shifts and shift swapping questions help HR and recruiters easily identify employees who are willing to pick up extra shifts or make changes to their schedule.
Things to consider
- Mobile Responsiveness - Ensure that the form is mobile-friendly, as many users may be filling it out on their smartphones or tablets. This will make it easier for them to complete the form without any technical issues.
- Clear Instructions - Provide clear instructions and examples for each question, especially if the question requires specific formatting or input. This will help prevent confusion and reduce the likelihood of incomplete or incorrect submissions.
- Save Progress - Allow users to save their progress and return to the form later. This will make it more convenient for them, especially if the form is lengthy or they need to gather additional information before completing it.
- Required Fields - Use the 'required' attribute for essential fields to ensure that users provide all necessary information. This will help avoid incomplete submissions and the need for follow-up communication.
- Field Validation - Use input validation to check for errors and inconsistencies before the form is submitted. This will help reduce the chances of receiving inaccurate or improperly formatted information.
- Form Accessibility - Ensure that your form is accessible to all users, including those with disabilities. This may involve using accessible form controls, labels, and error messages, as well as testing the form with screen readers or other assistive technologies.
How to create your employee availability form
Now that you know what questions you should include, it's time to build your form!
The only problem is that traditional forms tools are inefficient.
People will forget to fill out your form. They'll get stuck halfway and not be able to finish it. Or they'll send you the wrong stuff. You end up wasting hours chasing people down over email.
That's why you should give Content Snare a try.
Content Snare is packed with advanced features that will have you hours:
- Automatic reminders - Remind people to complete their form with fully customizable reminders.
- Reject incorrect information - If a single question is filled out incorrectly, ask your client to re-do just that one item.
- Autosaving - No progress gets lost. People can fill out forms in multiple sittings.
- Comments and questions - If the person filling the form gets stuck, they can ask a question without having to email you.
Give it a go by signing up for your free 14-day trial.