Are you running a business that frequently exchanges important documents between departments or with external partners? A document handover form is an essential tool for organizations of all sizes to streamline document transfers and maintain a clear audit trail.
Use this form to ensure accuracy, security, and accountability in your document handover process. Give it a try, and simplify the way you manage your documents.
Tired of chasing people to fill out your forms? Try Content Snare
Questions to include on your document handover form
1. Sender Information
This section is to gather information about the person or department sending the document. This ensures that the recipient knows the origin of the document and can contact the sender if necessary.
- What is your name?
- What is your email address?
- What is your phone number?
- What department are you from?
2. Recipient Information
This section is to gather information about the person or department receiving the document. This ensures that the document is delivered to the correct recipient and helps track the document's movement.
- What is the recipient's name?
- What is the recipient's email address?
- What is the recipient's phone number?
- What department is the recipient from?
3. Document Information
This section is to collect information about the document being handed over. This helps to identify the document and its purpose or use within the organization.
- What is the document's title?
- What is the document's reference number?
- Who created the document?
- What is the document's creation date?
- What is the document's purpose? (Report, Proposal, Invoice, Contract)
4. Security and Confidentiality
This section is to assess the document's security level and confidentiality requirements. This ensures that the recipient handles the document appropriately and maintains the necessary security protocols.
- Is this document confidential? (Yes, No)
- What is the document's security level? (Public, Internal, Confidential, Secret)
- Are there any special handling instructions for this document?
The question about special handling instructions is important as it helps the recipient understand any specific precautions or actions needed to ensure the document's security and confidentiality.
5. Handover Details
This section is to record the details of the document handover, including the date, time, and method of transfer. This helps to track the document's movement and maintain a record of the handover process.
- What is the handover date?
- What is the handover time?
- What is the method of document transfer? (Email, Physical Handover, File Sharing Service)
Things to consider
- Mobile Responsiveness - Ensure your form is mobile-friendly and compatible with various screen sizes, as users may access it from different devices.
- Clear Labels and Instructions - Use clear and concise language for questions and instructions, so users can easily understand what is required of them when filling out the form.
- Mandatory vs. Optional Fields - Clearly distinguish between mandatory and optional fields, ensuring users know which fields are required to be filled and which can be left blank if desired.
- Error Messages and Validation - Implement informative error messages and real-time form validation to help users correct mistakes while filling the form, minimizing the chances of incomplete or incorrect submissions.
- Save and Resume Functionality - Allow users to save their progress and resume filling the form later to accommodate instances where they may not be able to complete the form in one go.
- Use Conditional Logic - Implement conditional logic to show or hide certain fields based on previous input, making the form relevant to the user's specific situation and reducing the need for unnecessary questions.
- Protect Sensitive Information - Ensure that sensitive information, such as personal or confidential details, is protected through encryption or secure submission methods to maintain data privacy and security.
How to create your document handover form
Now that you know what questions you should include, it's time to build your form!
The only problem is that traditional forms tools are inefficient.
People will forget to fill out your form. They'll get stuck halfway and not be able to finish it. Or they'll send you the wrong stuff. You end up wasting hours chasing people down over email.
That's why you should give Content Snare a try.
Content Snare is packed with advanced features that will have you hours:
- Automatic reminders - Remind people to complete their form with fully customizable reminders.
- Reject incorrect information - If a single question is filled out incorrectly, ask your client to re-do just that one item.
- Autosaving - No progress gets lost. People can fill out forms in multiple sittings.
- Comments and questions - If the person filling the form gets stuck, they can ask a question without having to email you.
Give it a go by signing up for your free 14-day trial.