Do you need an efficient way to guide employee development in your organization?
The employee coaching form is perfect for businesses that value growth and improvement. Companies with strong coaching cultures experience increased employee engagement, higher retention rates, and better overall performance.
This form helps you streamline the coaching process, ensuring your HR department has all the necessary information to support employee development. Boost your team's potential and create a thriving organizational culture with the employee coaching form.
Tired of chasing people to fill out your forms? Try Content Snare
Questions to include on your employee coaching form
1. Employee Details
Gather basic information about the employee being coached, which will be helpful for the Human Resources department to identify and organize coaching sessions.
- Employee Name:
- Employee ID:
- Date of coaching session:
2. Coaching Objectives
Identify the purpose of the coaching session and the desired outcomes to help focus the conversation and achieve specific goals.
- What is the main objective of this coaching session?
- Are there any specific skills or behaviors the employee needs to improve?
- What are the desired outcomes from this coaching session?
3. Coaching Session Details
Capture information about the coaching session, which will help the Human Resources department to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of coaching on the employee.
- Name of the coach:
- Duration of the coaching session:
- Format of the coaching session (in-person, video call, phone call):
4. Employee Performance
Gather information about the employee's performance to better understand their strengths, areas for improvement, and overall progress.
- Rate the employee's performance in their current role:
- List the employee's strengths:
- List the areas where the employee needs improvement:
- Describe the employee's progress in relation to their performance goals:
5. Action Plan and Follow-up
Develop an action plan for the employee to follow and set up a follow-up session to discuss progress and provide further coaching if necessary.
- What are the agreed-upon action steps for the employee to improve their performance?
- What resources or support will the employee need to implement the action plan?
- Schedule a follow-up coaching session (if applicable):
The action plan and follow-up session questions are important because they help establish clear expectations and create a timeline for the employee to work on their improvements. This ensures that both the employee and the coach are aligned on the next steps and can measure progress over time.
Other question ideas
How would the employee rate their own performance?
- This question allows for self-assessment and gives insight into the employee's self-awareness and potential discrepancies between their perceived performance and the evaluation by the coach.
How effective was the communication during the coaching session?
- This question helps assess the quality of communication between the coach and employee, which might identify areas for improvement in the coaching process itself.
What are the employee's professional development goals?
- This question helps understand the employee's ambitions and aspirations, which can be used to align coaching sessions with their personal interests and ensure long-term engagement.
What barriers or challenges is the employee currently facing in their role?
- This question identifies potential obstacles that the employee might be struggling with, enabling the coach to provide tailored guidance and support.
How does the employee feel about the coaching process?
- This question captures the employee's perspective on the coaching experience, which can be used to improve future coaching sessions or address any concerns they might have.
What specific examples can be provided of the employee's achievements or areas where they have struggled?
- This question encourages the coach to provide concrete examples of the employee's performance, which can make the feedback more actionable and meaningful.
How would the employee benefit from additional training or resources?
- This question helps identify any gaps in the employee's knowledge or skills, leading to more targeted recommendations for professional development opportunities.
How does the employee's performance impact their team and overall organization?
- This question highlights the broader implications of the employee's performance, encouraging a more comprehensive understanding of their role and potential areas for improvement.
What are the key takeaways from this coaching session for both the employee and the coach?
- This question summarizes the most important points discussed during the coaching session, providing a clear reference for both parties to measure progress and revisit in future sessions.
Things to consider
- Accessibility - Ensure that your form is easily accessible and user-friendly for people with disabilities. Use clear labels, proper HTML tags, and consider adding an audio option for visually impaired users.
- Progress Indicator - To avoid overwhelming users, consider adding a progress indicator for multi-section forms. This will help users know how much they have completed and how much is left to fill out.
- Auto-save Feature - Implement an auto-save feature so that users do not lose their information if they accidentally close the form or experience technical issues.
- Validation - Add form validation to ensure that users enter the correct information in each field. This will help prevent errors and improve data accuracy.
- Mobile Responsiveness - Optimize your form for mobile devices so that users can easily complete it on their smartphones or tablets. This will increase completion rates and make the form more user-friendly.
- Clear Instructions - Provide clear instructions for each question, so users understand what information is required. This will reduce confusion and help users complete the form more efficiently.
- Optional Question Indication - Clearly indicate which questions are optional, so users know they do not have to provide a response if they do not wish to. This will improve the user experience and encourage form completion.
How to create your employee coaching form
Now that you know what questions you should include, it's time to build your form!
The only problem is that traditional forms tools are inefficient.
People will forget to fill out your form. They'll get stuck halfway and not be able to finish it. Or they'll send you the wrong stuff. You end up wasting hours chasing people down over email.
That's why you should give Content Snare a try.
Content Snare is packed with advanced features that will have you hours:
- Automatic reminders - Remind people to complete their form with fully customizable reminders.
- Reject incorrect information - If a single question is filled out incorrectly, ask your client to re-do just that one item.
- Autosaving - No progress gets lost. People can fill out forms in multiple sittings.
- Comments and questions - If the person filling the form gets stuck, they can ask a question without having to email you.
Give it a go by signing up for your free 14-day trial.