Looking to simplify your recruitment process? The job application form is perfect for businesses of all sizes, from startups to large corporations.
You'll find it particularly useful in industries with high turnover rates or frequent recruitment needs. It covers essential aspects of a candidate's profile, from personal information to skills and references.
So go ahead and use this list of questions to create a comprehensive online form that makes hiring a breeze.
Tired of chasing people to fill out your forms? Try Content Snare
Questions to include on your job application form
1. Personal Information
Collecting basic personal information is essential for identifying the candidate and establishing initial contact.
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
2. Job-Related Information
These questions help you understand the candidate's qualifications, work experience, and their interest in the job.
- Position Applied For
- Date Available to Start
- Are you legally eligible to work in this country? (Yes, No)
- Have you ever been employed by our company before? (Yes, No)
3. Education and Training
This section gathers information about the candidate's educational background, certifications, and any relevant training.
- Highest Level of Education
- Name of Institution
- Course/Degree Completed
- List any relevant certifications or training
4. Employment History
Understanding the candidate's employment history is crucial to evaluating their past experiences and suitability for the job.
- Name of Most Recent Employer
- Position Held
- Employment Duration (From - To)
- Briefly describe your responsibilities in this role
- Reason for leaving
5. Skills and Competencies
These questions help to identify whether the candidate has the necessary skills and competencies required for the job.
- List any technical skills or software you are proficient in
- Describe your experience in working within a team
- How do you handle high-pressure situations?
Collect references to verify the candidate's work history and obtain feedback from previous employers or colleagues.
- Reference Name
- Relationship to Candidate
- Reference Phone Number
- Reference Email Address
The questions in each section are designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the candidate's background, experience, and suitability for the job. By having a well-structured job application form, you can easily assess and compare applicants, streamlining your recruitment process.
Other question ideas
If you could pick one superpower to have, what would it be and why?
- This insight allows you to gauge the candidate's creativity, values, and problem-solving abilities based on their choice and reasoning.
How do you stay organized and manage your time?
- This insight reveals the candidate's time management and organizational skills, which are valuable in any job role.
Describe a situation where you had to learn a new skill quickly and how you approached it.
- This insight showcases the candidate's adaptability, learning ability, and their approach to skill development.
How do you handle receiving constructive criticism?
- This insight helps you understand the candidate's attitude towards personal growth and their openness to feedback.
Tell us about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be your most significant achievement.
- This insight highlights the candidate's values, work ethic, and the aspects of their work they are most proud of.
How do you stay up-to-date with industry news and trends?
- This insight demonstrates the candidate's commitment to continuous learning and staying informed in their field.
What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
- This insight provides a glimpse into the candidate's personality, hobbies, and interests which may contribute to a well-rounded team dynamic.
What motivates you to succeed in your career?
- This insight unveils the candidate's core motivations and how they align with the company's values and objectives.
How do you handle conflicts with colleagues or team members?
- This insight uncovers the candidate's conflict resolution skills, communication style, and ability to work effectively in a team.
If you were given the opportunity to improve one area in our company, what would it be and why?
- This insight assesses the candidate's analytical skills, understanding of your business, and their ability to identify areas for improvement.
Things to consider
- Mobile Friendliness - Ensure that your form is easily accessible and user-friendly on mobile devices, as many applicants may use their smartphones to apply.
- Progress Save Feature - Allow users to save their progress and return later to complete the form. This prevents loss of information and frustration if the applicant gets interrupted or accidentally closes the form.
- Clear Instructions - Provide clear instructions and examples for each question, so applicants know exactly what information is expected from them.
- Conditional Fields - Use conditional fields to display or hide questions based on the applicant's responses. This helps to keep the form concise and relevant to each candidate's experience.
- Optimized Field Types - Make use of appropriate HTML5 field types (e.g., date, email, tel) to facilitate input and validation of the information provided by applicants.
- Security and Privacy - Ensure that your form complies with data protection regulations like GDPR. Use encryption and secure connections to protect applicant's personal information.
- User-friendly Error Messages - Provide helpful and specific error messages to guide applicants in case they encounter issues when filling out the form. This will ensure a smooth and user-friendly experience.
How to create your job application form
Now that you know what questions you should include, it's time to build your form!
The only problem is that traditional forms tools are inefficient.
People will forget to fill out your form. They'll get stuck halfway and not be able to finish it. Or they'll send you the wrong stuff. You end up wasting hours chasing people down over email.
That's why you should give Content Snare a try.
Content Snare is packed with advanced features that will have you hours:
- Automatic reminders - Remind people to complete their form with fully customizable reminders.
- Reject incorrect information - If a single question is filled out incorrectly, ask your client to re-do just that one item.
- Autosaving - No progress gets lost. People can fill out forms in multiple sittings.
- Comments and questions - If the person filling the form gets stuck, they can ask a question without having to email you.
Give it a go by signing up for your free 14-day trial.