Are you running a membership-based organization, club, or association targeting other businesses? This membership registration form is designed to help you efficiently gather essential information from businesses interested in joining your community.
It covers all the bases, from basic contact details to payment information, ensuring your onboarding process is smooth and hassle-free. Start using this list and tailor it to meet your unique needs!
Tired of chasing people to fill out your forms? Try Content Snare
Questions to include on your membership registration form
1. Business Information
This section aims to collect basic information about the business, such as its name, location, and contact details.
- Business name
- Zip code
- Phone number
- Email address
- Website URL
2. Membership Details
In this section, you will ask about the type of membership plan the business is interested in, as well as any additional services they may want to avail.
- Membership plan
- Additional services
3. Business Representative Information
Here, you will gather information about the primary contact person for the organization, such as their name, position, and contact details.
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
4. Business Description
This section is designed to gather information about the business's industry, size, and operational details to better understand their needs and tailor your membership offerings.
- Number of employees
- Year established
- Brief description of business activities
5. Payment Information
In this section, you will collect information about the preferred payment method and billing details.
- Payment method
- Cardholder name
- Card number
- Expiration date
- Billing address (if different from business address)
The complex question in this group is the payment method question, as it not only asks for the preferred payment method but also collects the necessary information for processing the payment. This is important to ensure a smooth and secure transaction for the business.
Other question ideas
Social media handles
- This will provide insights into the business's online presence, engagement, and brand awareness, allowing you to tailor your membership offerings accordingly.
How did you hear about us?
- This question will help understand which marketing channels are most effective in reaching your target audience and attracting new members.
What is the primary goal you seek to achieve through this membership?
- Understanding the business's main objectives for joining your organization will allow you to offer more targeted and relevant benefits that address their specific needs.
Are there any particular areas of expertise or resources your business could contribute to the organization?
- This question helps identify potential collaboration opportunities, as well as areas where the business could provide valuable input or support to other members.
Are there any specific challenges your business is facing that you hope our organization can help address?
- Knowing the challenges businesses are experiencing will enable you to create or modify existing programs and services that cater to these issues, thereby increasing the value of membership for your target audience.
Would you like to receive our newsletter and other updates?
- By asking this question, you can gauge interest in staying informed about your organization's activities and build a mailing list for future communications.
Are you interested in participating in any of our upcoming events or webinars?
- This will serve as an opportunity to promote your events or webinars and increase engagement among new members, while also providing insights into which offerings are the most appealing to your audience.
Things to consider
- Accessibility - Ensure the form is compatible with screen readers and includes proper labels, prompts, and error messages, making it accessible to all users.
- Mobile Responsiveness - Optimize your form for mobile devices so that users can easily fill it out on any device, without zooming or scrolling horizontally.
- Clear Instructions - Provide concise and easy-to-understand instructions for each question, reducing confusion and making the form-filling process smoother.
- Validation - Use client-side form validation to check that the information provided is accurate and complete before submission, saving time on manual data verification.
- Progress Indicators - If your form has multiple pages, consider using a progress indicator to show the user their completion status and help them understand how much time they have left to finish the form.
- Auto-save Feature - Implement an auto-save feature that periodically saves the user's input, preventing data loss in case of browser crashes or connectivity issues.
How to create your membership registration form
Now that you know what questions you should include, it's time to build your form!
The only problem is that traditional forms tools are inefficient.
People will forget to fill out your form. They'll get stuck halfway and not be able to finish it. Or they'll send you the wrong stuff. You end up wasting hours chasing people down over email.
That's why you should give Content Snare a try.
Content Snare is packed with advanced features that will have you hours:
- Automatic reminders - Remind people to complete their form with fully customizable reminders.
- Reject incorrect information - If a single question is filled out incorrectly, ask your client to re-do just that one item.
- Autosaving - No progress gets lost. People can fill out forms in multiple sittings.
- Comments and questions - If the person filling the form gets stuck, they can ask a question without having to email you.
Give it a go by signing up for your free 14-day trial.