Looking to streamline your employee evaluation process?
The self evaluation template form is perfect for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as larger organizations that value employee input and growth. By using this form, you will gather insightful information about your team members' performance, development, and goals, allowing you to make informed decisions about their career progression and the overall work environment.
Give your employees a chance to reflect on their achievements and aspirations with this comprehensive self-evaluation tool.
Tired of chasing people to fill out your forms? Try Content Snare
Questions to include on your self evaluation template form
1. Personal Information
This section aims to collect basic personal information from the employee for identification purposes.
- Full Name
- Employee ID
- Job Title
2. Performance Assessment
This section focuses on gathering information about the employee's performance and achievements during the evaluation period.
- Rate your overall job performance during this period (1-5)
- List your most significant accomplishments in the past year
- Have you met or exceeded the goals set for this period? (Yes/No)
The question about meeting goals is essential, as it offers a self-assessment of the employee's achievements and involvement in their tasks.
3. Professional Development
This section aims to collect information about the employee's skills, knowledge, and areas they want to improve.
- What skills or knowledge would you like to improve or develop further?
- Have you participated in any training or development programs during this period? (Yes/No)
- If yes, please list the training or development programs you attended
The question about training programs allows you to understand better the employee's commitment to their professional growth and if they need more support in this area.
4. Team Collaboration
This section concentrates on understanding the employee's teamwork and communication skills.
- Rate your communication and collaboration with your team members (1-5)
- Describe any challenges you faced while working with your team and how you overcame them
The question about challenges in teamwork is crucial because it highlights the employee's problem-solving skills and their ability to work in a team environment.
5. Feedback and Goals
In this section, employees will provide feedback on their working environment and set goals for the upcoming evaluation period.
- Do you have any suggestions or feedback for improving your work environment?
- Set at least three goals you would like to achieve in the upcoming evaluation period
The question about setting goals is important, as it allows employees to identify their targets and align them with the organization's objectives.
Other question ideas
How has your job role evolved or changed during the evaluation period?
- This question provides insights into the adaptability and flexibility of the employee in response to changes in their role and responsibilities.
What aspects of your job do you find the most enjoyable and why?
- This question helps identify the employee's passions and motivators, which can be used to enhance job satisfaction and engagement.
What aspects of your job do you find the most challenging and why?
- This question helps identify areas where the employee may need additional support or resources to overcome obstacles and improve their performance.
How do you manage your time and prioritize tasks?
- This question offers insights into the employee's time management and organizational skills, which are critical for productivity and efficiency.
In what ways do you contribute to a positive work culture?
- This question highlights the employee's efforts in promoting a healthy and supportive work environment, which is crucial for overall team morale and success.
How do you handle stress or workplace challenges?
- This question helps identify the employee's stress management and coping strategies, which can be an essential factor in maintaining their mental health and well-being.
Have you taken any initiative or implemented any improvements beyond your job responsibilities? If yes, please describe.
- This question captures the employee's proactive approach and willingness to go the extra mile, which can be a valuable asset for the organization.
Things to consider
- Accessibility - Ensure that your form is accessible to all users, including those with disabilities. Use accessible fonts, colors, and proper HTML tags to improve usability.
- Clarity and Brevity - Keep the questions clear, concise, and straightforward. Avoid using jargon or complex language that may confuse the person filling out the form. Limit the number of questions to avoid overwhelming users and to encourage completion.
- Mobile Compatibility - Make sure your form is responsive and works well on different devices, especially mobile phones, as many users may access it from their smartphones.
- Privacy and Data Security - Keep in mind that the form will contain sensitive employee information. Implement necessary security measures, such as HTTPS and data encryption, to protect user privacy and ensure data safety.
- Progress Save Feature - Incorporate a feature that allows users to save their progress and return to the form later. This can be particularly helpful for lengthier forms, as it enables employees to complete the form at their own convenience.
- User-friendly Interface - Use a clean and intuitive design for your form. Use clear labels, instructions, and field types to make it easy for users to navigate through the form and complete it with minimal effort.
- Validation and Error Messages - Implement real-time validation and provide helpful error messages to guide users when filling out the form. This will prevent frustration and improve the user experience.
How to create your self evaluation template form
Now that you know what questions you should include, it's time to build your form!
The only problem is that traditional forms tools are inefficient.
People will forget to fill out your form. They'll get stuck halfway and not be able to finish it. Or they'll send you the wrong stuff. You end up wasting hours chasing people down over email.
That's why you should give Content Snare a try.
Content Snare is packed with advanced features that will have you hours:
- Automatic reminders - Remind people to complete their form with fully customizable reminders.
- Reject incorrect information - If a single question is filled out incorrectly, ask your client to re-do just that one item.
- Autosaving - No progress gets lost. People can fill out forms in multiple sittings.
- Comments and questions - If the person filling the form gets stuck, they can ask a question without having to email you.
Give it a go by signing up for your free 14-day trial.