Are you a business working with vendors to meet your product or service needs? Evaluating your vendors is crucial to ensure they're delivering the quality and value you expect.
The vendor evaluation form is designed to help businesses like yours assess their vendors' performance, pricing, contract terms, and overall relationship. Use this form to make informed decisions about whether to continue or adjust your partnerships with your current vendors.
Tired of chasing people to fill out your forms? Try Content Snare
Questions to include on your vendor evaluation form
1. Vendor Information
It's essential to gather basic details about the vendor, including their name and contact information, for future reference and communication.
- Vendor Name
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Email Address
2. Vendor Performance
Evaluating the vendor's performance will help you understand their effectiveness and reliability in providing products or services to your business.
- How would you rate the overall quality of the products/services provided by this vendor? (1-5)
- How responsive has the vendor been to your requests and inquiries? (1-5)
- On a scale of 1-5, how timely was the vendor in meeting deadlines?
- How well did the vendor handle issues or complaints? (1-5)
3. Pricing and Value
Understanding the cost-effectiveness and value of the vendor's products or services is important in determining if the vendor meets your budgetary requirements.
- How competitive is the vendor's pricing compared to other vendors? (1-5)
- Do you believe the vendor's products/services provide a good value for the price? (Yes/No)
4. Contract and Terms
Evaluating the vendor's contract terms and conditions can help ensure they align with your business requirements and expectations.
- Are the vendor's contract terms and conditions clear and easy to understand? (Yes/No)
- Have any issues or disputes arisen regarding the vendor’s contract terms or conditions? (Yes/No)
- If yes, please provide a brief description of the issue(s) and how it was resolved.
The question about issues or disputes is important as it helps you identify potential concerns with the vendor's contract terms and allows you to assess how they handle conflict resolution.
5. Vendor Relationship
Assessing the vendor's communication and relationship management is crucial in determining whether they are a good fit for your business.
- How satisfied are you with the communication and support provided by the vendor? (1-5)
- Would you recommend this vendor to other businesses? (Yes/No)
- Please provide any additional comments or suggestions regarding your experience with this vendor.
Things to consider
- Clarity and Simplicity - Ensure that each question is clear and concise to avoid confusion or misinterpretation. Use simple language and avoid jargon or technical terms.
- Mobile Responsiveness - Make sure your form is designed to be easily accessed and completed on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets. A responsive design will help to improve the user experience and increase the likelihood of form completion.
- Required Fields - Indicate which questions are mandatory using the “required” attribute in your HTML5 input fields. This will prevent users from submitting incomplete forms and ensure that you collect the necessary information.
- Progress Indicators - Break your form into sections, and provide a visual progress indicator or section headings to help users understand their progress through the form. This can make the form more manageable and less overwhelming, especially for longer forms.
- Tooltip or Help Text - Add tooltips or help text for questions that may require further explanation or clarification, ensuring that users understand what is expected of them when filling out the form.
- Autofill Options - Enable autofill wherever possible for fields like contact information. This will save users time and make the form completion process more efficient.
- Validation and Error Messages - Implement real-time validation with clear and helpful error messages to guide users in providing the correct information. This will minimize frustration and improve the overall user experience.
How to create your vendor evaluation form
Now that you know what questions you should include, it's time to build your form!
The only problem is that traditional forms tools are inefficient.
People will forget to fill out your form. They'll get stuck halfway and not be able to finish it. Or they'll send you the wrong stuff. You end up wasting hours chasing people down over email.
That's why you should give Content Snare a try.
Content Snare is packed with advanced features that will have you hours:
- Automatic reminders - Remind people to complete their form with fully customizable reminders.
- Reject incorrect information - If a single question is filled out incorrectly, ask your client to re-do just that one item.
- Autosaving - No progress gets lost. People can fill out forms in multiple sittings.
- Comments and questions - If the person filling the form gets stuck, they can ask a question without having to email you.
Give it a go by signing up for your free 14-day trial.